Blog layout changed - New Stuff is at the TOP

Hi all

Please leave a message to show your support. thanks Col x

March 2009

Hi everybody, one good thing, Dennis has been issued with a computer by the hospital as Colin, in particular, is working with the Occupational Therapy (OT) Unit to engage Dennis more interactively. They have a new ‘head touch control’ system which Stephen Hawkins uses, so whilst Dennis is lying in bed and with different programmes, he should be able to do amazing things. Colin seems to be ‘teaching’ the OT department how to use these to the patient’s best advantage! Its early days on the systems implementation and Dennis will probably get really frustrated trying to use it but it is a step to more independence. So, when Dennis is watching TV or snoozing, I, hopeful, can do a bit of work onto a memory stick, so here goes with a belated entry to the blog.

People often ask me for Dennis’s address, so here it is again:

St Andrew’s Ward
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Mandeville Road
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
HP21 8AL


The month started with me having negotiated going back to work on staggered days to enable me to still spend four or five days a week with Dennis. Colin was kindly supporting us so I knew someone was with Dennis while I was away. I found it really hard to take on the ‘caring role’ with other people’s loved ones when all the time I felt I should be caring for my husband. However, I just started back when the hospital placed Dennis on an ‘Independent Living Course’ on the days I had arranged to be at work; I was able to cover this with annual leave. The four half day courses were really informative although Dennis did not hear much of it as being able to maintain a blood pressure whilst up seemed to be getting increasingly difficult for him.
Then the snow came. Travelling the distance was almost impossible, in case I could not get back, so more annual leave was kindly honoured.
Then came a series of tests by a cardiologist to address the problems with Dennis’s BP. 24hr ECG, 24hr heart monitoring and 3 day ECG took place resulting in a new medication being prescribed to retain fluid and salt within the heart - yes more!
Despite such slow progress, Dennis is much more positive in is attitude. He pushes himself with the challenge of getting up which often leaves him feeling awful. One day he returned from his physiotherapy session in the gym with a BP of 66/33, he was on the verge of passing out.
As I said before, Dennis has lost around 7 stone in weight. We seem to be going round in circles. While Dennis feels so awful in himself he is weak and unable to push himself forward. He still has a poor appetite and without exerting himself is not hungry. He also does not drink as much as he should, even with me encouraging him all the time I am there. Any intravenous drips are usually placed in Dennis’s feet. However due to lack of fluids his veins are collapsing. Dennis has been having overnight fluids to keep up his hydration but still he is not getting enough. I have been saying the next thing you will be telling me is he has a urine infection. They have been unable to get a line into any part of his body for three days, due to dehydration and sure enough he gets a urine infection (UTI). Dennis starts being treated with some anti-fungal medication.
It was then found that the infection had spread to his lungs and intravenous antibiotics were required. This resulted in Dennis requiring a Hickman Line, which is how cancer patients receive their chemotherapy. This necessitated in him going to theatre to have the line inserted to an artery in his chest. Fraught times. I do wish there was a little more ‘prevention rather than cure’ ethics on the ward.
He was then given one antibiotic for the bladder infection every eight hours, which took an hour to transfuse and another for the lung infection twice a day, which took ½ hour to transfuse with fluids in between so he seemed to be constantly connected and disconnected to something with alarms going off in between to alert nurses to start & finish times. Dennis did not get much rest during this period. Luckily Dennis did not have a reaction to either of the antibiotics prescribed, but they lasted for 10 days.
Poor Dennis, every step forward seems to result in two steps back; I really wish things were progressing better. Everybody tells us ‘he will make it’ but it’s really hard to remain positive sometimes when you see other people come and go to rehab from the ward and we are still here in the acute area.

I had asked Dennis’s Consultant during a ward round, when he had last examined Dennis’s spine. His reply, to my amazement was, ‘Why do I need to examine him, I only need to look at the scan’s!’ Dennis is still in agonising pain whenever he is turned or moved. His neck and shoulders are really painful and the weight and muscle loss add to his discomfort. The spinal repair scar is tight and his thoracic fracture, where he was run over, is, as I put it to the Consultant, ‘very lumpy bumpy.’ Although he didn’t actually examine Dennis, he did arrange for some more scans. I explained to him that I felt while Dennis was in such pain with every movement, this was stopping him moving forward. Unfortunately, it also means that while he is weak and under nourished, he is not strong enough for any possible corrective surgery. It appears from the scans that the area between the spinal repair may have collapsed forward casing the bones to rub, rather than glide over each other. Nothing will be done at the moment; here we go, around in circles again.

We have experienced some ‘care’ issues with the staff and although we try and resolve these at the time, with the constant staff changes, there are 40 on this unit, I find I am constantly reiterating Dennis’s needs and choices which we find very frustrating when most of them are ‘common sense’ which I understand is not a word you are supposed to use any more! Although I have had several discussions with the Ward Sister it got to the point where I felt I was knocking my head against the wall and after discussions with the Patient Liaison Officer and the family Councillor it was decided we would have a joint meeting to try and resolve these. In some ways things have improved, after a bit of additional hostility from some of the main culprits. Good as the staff are, some I feel have lost their empathy for the patients situation and behave as ‘robots’ with their care. I have asked some ‘How they would feel in this situation’ and their reply is usually ‘I try not to think about it!’ When I give care to our service users at work, I always provide it as to how I would like to be treated or that of my loved one. I really feel this is the only way to provide personal care without the added trauma, or the realty, of being paralysed.
Dennis still does not communicate very well, as I’ve said before, he has had several swallowing tests to ascertain why but I feel it is mainly due to the tracheotomy but they are still reluctant to remove this while his chest is still prone to infection, which should improve when he is up more, but once again, this is a problem due to the BP and infections! Do ‘circles’ come to mind?!
I’m sure I have mentioned before, that Dennis is long in the body and too long for the hospital beds when the head section is raised, causing back pain as he is being bent in the lower back, rather than the waist. Although this is supposed to be addressed by the staff since last October, we are still waiting for something to happen and Dennis’s head is getting quite a bump on it from its meeting with the bed head! One day I was waiting by the medication room and notice one of the larger gentlemen was sitting up right in bed. I also noticed the bed sides were different. I asked him if he would mind me measuring the top section, this, it turns out is 3” longer. When I mentioned it to the staff I was told ‘Oh that’s an old type bed,’ I didn’t realise it was longer but I can see that now, we will see if we can get Dennis one!’ A few days later one arrived and Dennis can now sit up comfortably in bed.

The level of Denis’s injury allows Dennis to have movement in his biceps but not his triceps which means he can move is arms in an upward movement but can’t automatically move them down. This results in them resting on his chest, becoming tight at the elbow and locking in place. It is then painful for him to relax them down. He has been given various splints to help keep his arms straight. Although he was previously left handed, his right now appears to be stronger and it is hoped its range will be maintained to enable him to control an electric wheelchair.
Dennis and I were engaged 34 years ago on Valentine’s Day. Normally I would have two red roses, a nice card and be wined & dinned. This year we still celebrated but Dennis was in bed on his own. I often want to just jump in with him and give him a big cuddle.
Although Colin is often up to see us, Aneta & Charlie came for a long weekend too. Hospitals are no place for a 2 ½ yr old but it does us both good to see them both.
Another double dose of antibiotics take its toll on anybodies appetite and although Dennis will eat it is not enough to sustain anybody. We agree that Dennis was overweight but as we have been told, this extra ‘padding’ protected Dennis’s internal organs during the accident but have since been concerned by the dramatic weight loss. The options were to have a feed tube through the nose or directly into the stomach. I really did not want to do this as I wanting to be moving forward, not back however we felt Dennis was getting weaker by the day and some nutritional intervention had to take place. It was agreed fortified feed would be provided through a nasal tube. This is uncomfortable to insert but unfortunately necessary. In one week Dennis put on 3lbs so we hope within a month this will make a difference.
Dennis had new varifocal glasses just before the accident, but lying in bed, the best area for viewing the TV, is the small area at the bottom. Each bed in the acute ward has an overhead TV so this can be angled whether the patients is flat on their back or sitting up in bed. However, we have been asking if Dennis could have his eyes checked. Although a Hospital with an eye clinic we were told there is no one to do a test and anybody that needs one has to go into Aylesbury – crazy! However, again I was the one that had to find an optician that would come and visit Dennis. This he did, and although he wasn’t given an eye test, he has been made a pair of glasses the same as the bottom of his varifocals so he can see the television through the whole of the lens.

Sony BMG has been very kind to Helen with time off and support at work. Helen’s colleagues and the company were very generous with sponsorship when money was raised through the sponsored swim. She was also given two tickets to the X Factor Tour which features the 12 finalists, along with several other CD’s and DVD’s of X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent finalists. This was an inclusive raffle which, unfortunately was not promoted as much as we would have hoped, amongst the relatives, as most of the patients don’t have any money on them! but still raised nearly £350 for the spinal unit, very much appreciated.
I will write another Blog entry for March, which I hope will not be so long in coming. There has been quite a lot going on, hence the delay on the entry, not so much with Dennis, but our life in general. I continue to negotiate funding and plans for the extension to accommodate Dennis’s needs, but more about that next month.

Dennis and I have had a nice day today (Sunday). He got up for us to have lunch together in the restaurant, although he didn’t eat much and then we found a quite office area and came across the Prayer Room. Here we read some words of comfort and chatted about people close to us, especially some that are unfortunately no longer around and how they would have supported us in our current situation. A few tears were shed.
When we got back to the ward I read Dennis the new messages left on the blog, more emotional moments and also re-read him some of the cards you have sent. As I’ve said before, these mean so much to Dennis. Your new messages are brilliant, they bring scenarios from normal everyday life to his hospital bed, it is lovely to see his face light up as I read them to him. Dennis, I felt, was beginning to doubt is place in society. Messages like this do so much to raise his moral and make him feel that he can be part of everyday life again, - please keep them coming.
After we had had these poignant moments he turned to me and said Thank You’. He was so sweet (a few more tears.) I told him that was nice but he didn’t have to thank me, I was here because I love him xx

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hazel & Dennis
I was so saddened and shocked to hear of the accident. I can't even begin to imagine what you have all been through and continue to go through. I can only say how impressed I am with your strength and courage - keep it up. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Lots of love
Liz (nee May from 23 Malcolm Road)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis & Hazel

Good to see some news on the blog. Hazel, I can't really imagine how hard it is for you but you are so strong and Dennis is so lucky you are there to support him all the way.

Seems like swings and roundabouts for Dennis right now, but Dennis you know you have to try hard with the new IT experience! You used to like taking things apart and seeing how things worked - this is just another thing for your very active mind to explore and take on board. I'm sure you will be very capable and soon be sending us emails and maybe even writing your own blog!!

Hoping to see you soon. Stay strong and look after each other.
Lots of love Cousin Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis and family,
Hope things are improving for you by the day. Steve and the girls send their love to you all. Winter is slowly coming to Sydney, thank God! I am so over the heat. Sometimes pine for a freezing, crisp English day. Mosie keeps me informed of what's going on. Hang in there - I just know you are stubborn enough to beat this! Thinking of you always,

Jenny and family

Mary-Rose said...

Morning Dennis, I was up at 5.30am this morning to take Frank to the chicken farm.(His car is still in for repair!) Going to Mums for 10.30am to see Jackie for some healing then off to my second home ....Tesco!! I am sure my car could find its own way there now! It must be great to have this new IT system. I know you, I expect you have a good play around with it!! Have got Frank nephews Ryan & Jake & their partners coming for the week-end as they are play football down in Devon this Saturday. Really glad to hear that you have gained a bit of weight. Keep going darling, the only way is forward. Mum sends her love and so does Frank. Love you lots Mose XXX

Claire said...

Hi Uncle Dennis, Auntie Hazel, Colin and Helen

Firstly, I am so sorry I have not written for a while. It is hard sometmes to think of anything that you may find interesting! Anyway, here is a catch up...

I have been working hard, my job has got a little more interesting. My company are trying to get all our customers to use an online ordering Portal so I have been to see a few of them with my boss to encourage them to do so using discounts as incentives! I have also beenm learning how to administrate the site, set up customers so they can use the site, discounts, online Statement of Accounts etc. I keep joking that I am doing myself out of a job as this is what I do manually at present! I will be going to see more customers in the coming weeks in GB and Ireland, on my own. However, a week from today, I fly to Australia to see my new man for 3 weeks so it will have to wait! Yes a new man, a lovely one at last that treats me well and is romantic (I had almost given up hope and was thinking about getting a couple of yorkshire terriers and one of those slippers you put both feet in. I have now cancelled the order for the slipper and 'unjoined' the WI)
I have known Al for a few years but we lost touch for a while when he moved to Oz. We met up again at Christmas and realised that we may actually be happy together! Trust me to pick one that lives thousands of miles away though! So, I am off to Brisbane, which as you can imagine, I am very excited about! I have been buying a few summery dresses, bikinis and some suntan cream which sometimes feels a bit mad when the temperature is just managing to hover above freezing in the UK! Other than working and getting ready for Oz I have been going to the gym and seeing a few friends. Generally just keeping busy. I went to see Mum and Dad for Mother's day which was lovely. We went to the beach down at Lyme Regis with Lisa, Pete and the girls. The beach! In March! It was actually warm and sunny that day, this weather is very odd! It was 18 degrees C on the way home yesterday but 8 deg C this morning! I had a lovely run out in the sunshine yesterday afternoon. My gym membership has nearly come to an end and I cannot afford to renew so I'll be running the streets again! I need to keep fit as I am doing the race for life again this year with Mum (she's walking) and Lisa and Ellie and a few other friends. Also I am in the early stages of planning a 3 Peaks Challenge, Scarfell Pike, Snowdon and Ben Nevis in 24 hours! I must be mad!
Anyway, I have blathered on for long enough now and you are probably fast asleep! Sending you lots of love and hugs, I do think about you a lot and have slapped my own wrists (very hard!) for not telling you so. Mum keeps me up to date on your progress.

Take care, big hugs and see you soon

Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis

Been thinking about you..... Reading this blog it's odd how, through you and this blog, the family can catch up with each other. It's mad that everyone is so busy with their own lives that although we think about our family we don't keep in touch the way we should.

Hope you are persevering with the head touch computer thingy - it will be great when you've mastered it.

Love to you and Hazel. Cousin Carol xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello again Dennis

Good to see you today - was pleased to see you had progressed from my last visit.

Paul was not impressed that I'd showed you his photo on my phone - it doesn't do him justice (his words not mine!)

Keep eating those cakes Hazel is feeding you and you'll soon get your weight back up! I'm just jealous that I can't have any.

Love to you both Cousin Carol xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis. Glad to know that there is real progress, when can I sart sending you 'naughty e-mails'. Sorry, funny emails. Nothing much to report, except that you are in our thoughts every day. Sometimes, several times a day. Now thats a worry isn't it!
Love to Hazel...keep smiling
Nigel H.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dennis

Well, usual Bank Holiday today. No sunshine - just lots of rain and loads of really old films on the telly.

My Joe's birthday today - but haven't been able to contact him by phone. Guess he's out partying!

Made any progress with the laptop yet? .... waiting to get an email from you.

Speak soon. Love to you and Hazel - Cousin Carol xx

ken said...

Hello Dennis, It was really nice to see you last week, it’s been a long time since we had a chat.
Glad to see that you are making progress and that you could not wait to go to the gym.
Madeleine Carol and I made good time coming back thanks to Tom or should I say Tom Tom.
This week being Bank Holiday its manic at home trying to get some decorating done, mostly on the stair well and upper hall way, but it look as if its nearly done, But Madeleine finds dust everywhere
Ah well cannot win all the time.
Raining again today would be on Good Friday, bet next weekend the sun will be out.
We will have the grandchildren over on Sunday, so I will batten down the hatches, do you remember the group from years ago called the Wild Things?
Well they are the reincarnatation
Well that’s all for now will come up again and see you
All the best
Ken and Madeleine.

Anonymous said...

Morning Dennis

Weather's been miserable for 3 days - typical Bank Holiday. Not up to much - just a few domestic chores and yet another pile of ironing to look forward to.

Not been able to contact my kids again. Guess everything with them must be OK or I'd have heard from them.

Hope you've got lots of Easter eggs to fatten you up.

Love to you & Hazel - Cousin Carol xxx

Megan said...

Hi Hazel & Dennis
Good to read your update. Still trying to sell my house in Sydney but a difficult market at the moment. Mum isn't so good these days and is more confused - so not sure how much longer she can manage living in her own home.

I think of you often and send my love.

Megan

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

Glad Easter is over. We all ate loads of chocolate. Now fasting to detox the body! Hope you managed to down some chocolate Dennis, they do say it is good for you! Hope things are continuing to improve your end. Still think of you all everyday and live in hope we can one day afford to come and visit again.

Tara is working very hard at Uni, Julia is raging her life away! Not sure who they take after!

The dog's gone blind and that is proving to be a trial in itself! If we move any furniture around, even for a moment,he immediately bumps into walls and furniture!

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Love
Jenny xxxxxx (and family)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis.
Just thought you would like to know about a TV item this evening. There was a young girl.in her early twenties, perhaps, who had an accident and can move nothing from the neck down. She intends sailing around Britain, alone, using straws in her mouth. Two straws, breathe in for starboard turn and out for port!. She has another straw for setting the sails. She was on the ONE show tonight at 7 (BBC) and was amazing. She was so positive, so up for it. As I recall, when I last saw you, there was some movement in your arms. She was so so inspirational, such an example. Of course, maybe like so many of your friends, you immediately came to my mind. I remember a bloke scooting around your ward in his electric chair operated somehow, by his mouth. Such good news, I know that you will see this as an inspiration. Maybe not sailing around the country, but it is certain that there is so much hope. Dennis, Believe....we all do.
Keep smiling..........Nigel H

Anonymous said...

Morning Dennis

Last day of my holiday today - and guess what? ..... it's raining. Was hoping to cut the grass or the first time this weekend as I only got the mower back from repair yesterday and its not been cut yet this year. If I don't get to it soon I'll need a scythe.

Alice back from Thailand - but not for long. She's decided to go out there and work for Joe for a year so she'll soon be off again once she's sorted visas and tickets etc and "tidied up" her life : car, phone, bank etc.

Hope you are coping with your physio and it's getting easier and less painful.

Love to you & Hazel from Cousin Carol xxxx

ken said...

Hi Dennis, well one more week gone, and yesterday saw some Sunshine at last, went up to the Union Jack club with members of the family, it was my grandsons third birthday so took his Mum and Dad out to celebrate, the little one Oliver got a large trampoline, so the weather came good on the right day.
Today I have a parade to attend at Tolworth.
Kingston Boy Scouts Service, followed by a March pass, so lets hope the rain stays off for them.
So all the best for now
Ken.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dennis

Thinking of you often.

Love Cousin Carol xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis & Co.,

Hope things are looking up for you. Nearly time for another birthday!

We have a Rock Wallaby that keeps visiting us in the mornings. It is wonderful to sit with our morning coffee and watch him/her eating away at our garden. Still don't like the turkeys though. Each day we get up to 20 at a time staring at us and destroying anything in their path. Somebody told me they are an endangered species. I don't think so if 20 of them live in our garden! Still better than looking out at concrete!

Love to you all.

Jennt & Steve & Tara & Julia

Anonymous said...

hi dennis
looking forward to reading your own blog when you have got the hang of the computer. just said goodbye to six of the family (including 2 and 3 year olds) who stayed over easter. we had mum's 80th birthday celebration dinner here for 20 on easter saturday so that was hard work but fun.
do hope you managed some easter egg and look forward to hearing good news about progress.

Anonymous said...

ref above blog. forgot to say that this is lindsey and roger martin. can't get the hang about how to put our name on this! all the kids are well (james has just passed his driving test) and catherine sends her love to helen.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dennis (and Hazel)

Manically busy at work and this should be the quietest term! Everything going wrong this week it seems. Still, tomorrow's Friday!

Love to you both.
Cousin Carol, Paul & Alice xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis......London marathon on Sunday. What do you think? I'll push you in your chair and you can tell me the way!!!!!!
Keep smiling.............Nigel H

Anonymous said...

Hello Dennis been keeping an eye on your blog i wish i could loose 7 stone although even at 12 stone i would still be over weight. Tim and Christine keep us upto date on a regular basis.

regards Harry, Rita and Garry xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Dennis

Not done much over the last few days but did manage the first cut of the lawn - just as well as it's rained all day today. Looking forward to the weekend - another Bank Holiday - Hooray!

Love to you and Hazel

Cousin Carol, Paul & Alice xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you, ....etc etc
Anyone want to help me give him the bumps!!!!
Nigel H.

ken said...

Hello Dennis, well time fly’s and I have been a bit busy with council work and other parts of my life that seems to take up loads of time, it always seems that when you are busy time just rushes by.
Not done much in the cab, but I think I am just keeping it on the road, cost whys.

Off On hols next week, good thing we did not book for Mexico, I hear that some taxi drivers have even given up on their Bacon sarnies.bet you miss the morning breakfasts.
Hope you are drinking plenty of water now, I now Hazel was getting a bit worried about that, I promise that for every pint of water you drink, I will buy you two pints of wallop, now there’s a deal.
Hope to visit you again on my return, so bye for now
All the best
Ken and Madeleine and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis

Glad to hear you had a good birthday with the family. Hope you had lots of yummy cake.

Keep your spirits up. Love to you and Hazel from Cousin Carol, Paul & Alice xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis,

Hope you got the birthday card and had a good day on the 28th. Really cold here now, with everyone going down with colds and flu and hoping it isn't the dreaded Swine flu!

Hope working with the new computerised system Hazel mentioned is going well.

Steve sends his love, he's just watched Arsenal lose 1-0 to Manchester United so he isn't too happy at the moment! English soccer is huge here and I work with lots of Man U fans so I will be going through hell this morning with endless jokes about the Gunners!

Keep well Dennis, and keep thinking positive!

Love Jenny, Steve, Tara and Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis

How are things on the new ward?

We have Paul & Mark staying this weekend, Friday - Monday, which is lovely. Cousin Paul & I spent the day in Staines yesterday - most of it sitting in the sunshine outside a cafe, whilst my Paul & Mark enjoyed the footie (paul) and horse racing (Mark) on the TV. Me & my Paul didn't win anything, but Cousin Paul and Mark both had respectable wins: money goes to money!

My Paul just cut Cousin Pauls hair, but put the wrong blade on, so his hair is VERY short now. At least it won't need cutting again for ages.

Alice is making dinner for us all tonight. She's definitely not in the same league as Helen & Colin, but it will taste nice.

Love to you & Hazel

Cousin Carol, Paul, Alice xxx

Anonymous said...

just checking on the blog to see how you are. do hope the birthday went well last week. it was my mum's on the 16th - 80 years old. hardly seems credible. do hope that you are getting the hang of your new IT and we get dennis-generated blog news soon.
roger was due to fly to africa tonight but it has been cancelled for a week so i am thinking up lots of lovely jobs for him to do at home! keep smiling and drinking the water. love lindsey and roger

Anonymous said...

Evening Dennis

Paul & Mark went home yesterday a few pounds lighter as my Paul took their money in the numerous games of Kalooki we played over the weekend.
(Not sure if that's how you spell it, even though I've been playing the game all my life!)

Back to work today. Busy as usual.

How's it going with the IT? Hope you are persevering. Hopefully be up to see you again shortly.

Take care. Love to you both from Cousin Carol, Paul and Alice xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Dennis

Been thinking about you. Spoke to Mum today and she said you were in good spirits when she visited the other day.

How are you settling into the new ward? and how's the physio etc. going?

Hopefully be up to see you in the not too distant future.

Love to you and Hazel from Cousin Carol, Paul & Alice xxxx

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon!!

How are you today? We've been out for our usual Sunday walk - but had to go early today as the Manchester Derby was on TV. (Paul's a MAN U man) But it seems we got the best of the weather.

Spoke to cousin paul today - they are in Norfolk for a week. Paul & Mark had left Uncle Trev & Auntie Rita sitting by the pier and they were taking a walk along the beach.

Done my ironing (always a refreshing feeling once it's out of the way) and now going to browse the internet for a really cheap B & B for a 1 night treat away for my upcoming birthday.

Love to you & Hazel

Cousin Carol, Paul & Alice xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis.....Just to say hello really, nothing special to report.Very wet day here,makes a change because we really have had a good Spring.I am wondering if you have made any progress with the computer. It would be so good if you had a fresh challenge.
Keep smiling...........Nigel H

tammy said...

hi the porter
i have kept up with all up dates of Dennis i sit hear many times wanting to say few words but im rubbish at this stuff lol.
i have known helen since she joined rangers and know of you all what a brill family you all are.
keep smileing all bad things make you stronger in some ways even tho it dont feel like it at times.
dennis your a wonderful man very smart strong and loads of pride,
hazel colin and helen my love to you all big hugs
Tammy & kerry & ben xxx